Metro Nigeria Railway Corporation Sends Strong Warning To Soldiers, Police, Says No Free Ride

P

ProfRem

The management of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Wednesday strong warning to the police, military and para-military and other uniformed personnel against boarding its Ogun/Lagos Mass Transit Train (MTTS) without ticket.

The Lagos Railway District Manager, Jerry Oche, gave the warning while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

Mr. Oche said nobody was exempted from purchasing a ticket to board the train.

“The management is not under any obligation or agreement with the uniformed men or organisations not to pay for their ride,’’ he said.

railwayNG.JPG

“The management wishes to say that boarding the train without ticket has no exception and is a serious offence for defaulters regardless of status.

“If one is caught without a ticket, he pays double the fare inside the train.

“But if the passenger refuses and is taken to the police station, he pays N25,000 fine and because the police can’t keep him beyond 24 hours, he will be taken to court.

“I have also noticed it on few occasions that I was in the train that uniformed men don’t buy tickets and I forced them to pay and they paid,’’ he said.

NAN

Back