Metro Nigeria: Today's Newspaper Headlines [27 July, 2017]

P

PressRoom

Below are the headlines in some selected Nigerian newspapers for today, 27 July, 2017.

Punch
Osinbajo inaugurates new ministers, advises them on development

Senate seeks immunity for members, rejects power devolution

Buhari’s recovery is a miracle, says Ebonyi gov

Reps reject NHIS’ 2017 budget over ES suspension

Strike: CAC workers insist on N1.29bn allowance

Weak judicial system encourages kidnapping, says IG

MDAs owe N115bn in tax liabilities – RMAFC

EFCC, FIRS, shun Reps’ panel on Patience Jonathan’s allegations

Eight bodies recovered from collapsed Lagos building

Budget minister, lawmakers meet on 2018-2020 MTEF

NPA seeks more information on alleged missing vessels

Okorocha replies Fani-Kayode, says ex-minister unintelligent, disrespectful

Probe Fayose over Buhari’s health status comment – Faparusi

NPA, African Circle clear refuse dump at Apapa ports

Sex workers want govt to legalise prostitution

Tension as youths kill Hausa resident in Ogun

Kwara gov under attack over sports hall

Oyo Fadama to spend N200m on 200 trainees

Tension in Ekiti as rival obas hold festivals

Husband of four dies during sex romp with mistress

Grandma dumps daughter’s day-old baby in bush

Customs seize 140 imported snakes, 660 other animals

The Nation

Osinbajo to inaugurate $1.5b Indorama fertiliser plant

Senate strips President of powers to sign constitutional amendments

Senate dumps devolution of powers to states

FEC okays N3.38b loan for potatoes’ farming in Plateau

EFCC recovers N328.9b from Total, MRS, others

Buhari’s recovery a miracle, says ‘excited’ Umahi

IG seeks stringent punishment against kidnapping

NPA faults claim of missing 282 vessels

Judge’s absence stalls Turaki’s fundamental human right suit

We’ll make Buhari go for second term, says Shittu

Aregbesola: it’s false to say Osun is not paying workers’ salaries

Police kill five suspected kidnappers in Ogun

NAF deploys helicopter in Taraba

38 awaiting-trial inmates freed in Ebonyi

Vanguard
Raid On Jonathan’s House: Disclose Identities Of Informants, Reps Tell NDLEA

Lagos school kidnap: DAY 63: Two abducted students mark 16, 17 years birthday in captivity

Only stringent laws by NASS can end kidnapping —IGP

FG takes N3.8bn loan from AfDB for potato production

Sagay seeks punishment for SANs frustrating major corruption cases

N650M alleged fraud: Court grants Jumoke Akinjide’s oversea treatment request

Ex-NACC President, Nylander, SAN, dies at 89

3 Soldiers Sentenced To 56 Years In Jail Over Arms In Maiduguri

No To Regionalism, Yes To Resource Control —Igala Leaders

Undetonated civil war bomb found in Enugu

Lagos PDP dissolves alliance with LP

N25bn ETF: Lagos empowers 4,000 entrepreneurs — Ambode

Al-Makura To Pay Salaries, Arrears With Paris Club Refund

Gov Emmanuel Dissolves A-Ibom Electoral Commission

De-criminalise sex work in Nigeria, sex workers urge FG

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 23
List the jobs and where they can find them.
There are over 180millions jobs out there- formal and informal, skills like hair-styling, cooking, laundry, making of cosmetics, saloon, buying and selling, marketing can get you self employed- there is no justification for prostitution. Such as you can not justify rape, 419, kidnapping etc. If you cannot find a formal employment at least use your hands to do something good while your wait for the big one. My opinion

For them to ask for it to be legalised means it is illegal. I don't know what they mean buy legalising it? They should legalise 419 too

Let me rephrase my statement, Prostitution should not be illegal. No one is being hurt, deprived or wronged in the 'mutual transaction'.

There are over 180millions jobs out there- formal and informal, skills like hair-styling, cooking, laundry, making of cosmetics, saloon, buying and selling, marketing can get you self employed- there is no justification for prostitution. Such as you can not justify rape, 419, kidnapping etc. If you cannot find a formal employment at least use your hands to do something good while your wait for the big one. My opinion

You are contradicting yourself. No government should impose sanctions on how someone should use his/her body. Prostitution involves skills, buying and selling,= and even marketing :)

We are both above 18, you want to have sex, I am willing to have sex with you but you have to pay me. How is that a crime sir?

Prostitution is not 419 or Rape or Kidnapping. You cannot compare.

180 million jobs? Not sure that even exist in countries with low unemployment rates.

You are contradicting yourself. No government should impose sanctions on how someone should use his/her body. Prostitution involves skills, buying and selling,= and even marketing :)

We are both above 18, you want to have sex, I am willing to have sex with you but you have to pay me. How is that a crime sir?

Prostitution is not 419 or Rape or Kidnapping. You cannot compare.
In the context of the country we live in for example there are acts that may be acceptable in some other parts of the world but not in Nigeria. Perhaps using the analogy of rape, 419 etc may rather be extreme or wrong. The point is 'ashawo' work to use local parlance is a taboo and unacceptable. On some countries homosexuality is legal but in ours it is not. Why won't yam sellers call for the legalization of their trade? Why is it not legal to deal in drugs like cocaine openly whereas we are all free to take whatever we wish to take. There is also the moral law- I will not like to see my daughter, mom, or sister be involved in prostitution for example. I don't know whether that matters to you. That's my humble submision

In the context of the country we live in for example there are acts that may be acceptable in some other parts of the world but not in Nigeria. Perhaps using the analogy of rape, 419 etc may rather be extreme or wrong. The point is 'ashawo' work to use local parlance is a taboo and unacceptable. On some countries homosexuality is legal but in ours it is not. Why won't yam sellers call for the legalization of their trade? Why is it not legal to deal in drugs like cocaine openly whereas we are all free to take whatever we wish to take. There is also the moral law- I will not like to see my daughter, mom, or sister be involved in prostitution for example. I don't know whether that matters to you. That's my humble submision

You still haven't answered my question. In the process of a guy transacting with a prostitute, is there any harm done? It is a basic business transaction. Fulfill my sexual urge, I pay you. Finish.

Back