Sports Nigeria Vow To Beat Burkina Faso For Sunday Oliseh- Salami

Super Eagles team B have vowed to beat Burkina Faso in Sunday's CHAN qualifiers second leg to secure a ticket to the championship in Rwanda next year.

Nigeria are already in Ouagadougou to battle the Etalons for a spot in next January's championship after edging the Burkina Babes 2-0 in the first leg in Port Harcourt last Saturday.

The captain of the team, Gbolahan Salami assured Nigerians that they will return with a favourable result, adding that they want to win for Sunday Oliseh, who's currently recuperating in a Belgian hospital, after a brief illness on return from Belgium tour in October.

"We want to win the game for Nigeria and we believe that securing the CHAN ticket will hasten the complete recovery of our head coach," said Salami.

Oliseh, who has been asked to take a rest for two weeks by doctors so as to recover from a virus infection will resume national duties before the Eagles camp for the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Swaziland open next month.

Meanwhile, Oliseh has said he's overwhelmed by the support he has received from Nigerians and thanking them in return and also hoping to be back as soon as possible.

"I have been so touched and much moved, almost to tears by the prayers and good wishes I have been receiving from Nigerians. I want to thank them so much for the love and support,” he said.

"I was told I should have rested a lot more than I did after the initial illness I had when we concluded our Belgian tour earlier this month.

“The doctors have now made the rest a compulsory one. I believe that after the two weeks I would be fully recovered." Africanfootball

Home Based Super Eagles.jpg

Back