Metro Nigeria vows to rescue abducted Chibok girls -VON

A

abujagirl

The Nigerian Government says it is working relentlessly to ensure that the abducted Chibok girls are rescued and united with their families.

“Let me say that as a father, all hands are on deck to ensure that those girls are brought back. He is pained by the inability of the security agencies to rescue the girls 8 weeks after abduction... I know, because I see the President everyday and I know he is pained that those girls are still out there,’’ the Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro gave the assurance during the passing out parade of over 400 military personnel who were voluntarily retiring from the Nigerian military, after 35 years of service or have done the first mandatory 10 years.

"All it takes to appreciate what President Jonathan is going through is to sit back and switch roles, so you can imagine the pain. I am also pained because I have daughters and I would not want them be abducted for anything. Having said that, I want to let you know that government is doing anything humanly possible for the girls to come back safely,’’ Mr. Obanikoro explained.

Click here to read more

Source: Voice of Nigeria (#VON)

#Obanikoro #chibok

obanikoro.jpg

Back