Metro Nigerian Bulletin News Brief: 8 Things You Need To Know This Morning (02-09-2016)

P

PressRoom

Good Morning! Welcome to Nigeria Bulletin Morning Newsbrief, a short wrap-up of the news to help you start your day.

Kemi Adeosun Disowns Twitter Handle - I Never Said Recession is Just a Word

Nigeria's finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun has disowned the twitter handle @MrsKemiAdeosun previously believed to be hers.

Juju Cannot Stop Me From Conducting APC Primary in Ondo - Abubakar

Jigawa state Governor, Badaru Abubakar on Thursday said he's not afraid of juju. The Governor who is Chairman of the All Progressives Congress Ondo Primary Election Committee made the diclosure after newsmen asked if the juju scare at the party's secretariat was going to affect the primaries.

Abubakar said, ''Free and fair election will solve the problem. If they believe we are free, fair and transparent, they will accept the result. Well in the first place, I don’t believe in juju so certainly I am surely not afraid.

Lagos: "Men of God" are the Reason for Increased Sex Crimes - Police

The Lagos state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni on Thursday accused accused religious leaders of promoting sexual offences in the country. He lamented the alarming increase in the rate of sexual crimes and domestic violence in the nation. Recent reports and investigations showed that “the so-called men of God” were hiding under religion to commit such heinous crimes, he said.

Man Exchanges Two Kids for Bags of Rice in Lagos State

A middle-aged man have gotten away with bags of rice, leaving two children behind as deposit at 63, Marwa Road, Chemist Bus stop in Satellite area of Lagos state. The children, aged 8 and 13 were returning from extra-mural class.

Kim Jong-un Executes Minister for "Sitting Wrongly" in Meeting

North Korean ruler, Kim Jong-un has executed a senior official of the country by firing squad because he did not sit properly during a meeting. According to Daily Mail, Education minister Kim Yong-Jin, 63, was shot dead after his 'bad sitting posture in parliament incurred the wrath of the North Korean dictator.

Man Hangs Self, Leaves Suicide Note for Buhari

Fifty year old Chief Ekanem Edet, a former Secretary of the Mbiabong Village Council, aka ‘Jolly Boy’, has committed suicide, leaving a suicide note for "Buhari", . The incident happened at Mbiabong Itam in Itu Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau is Dead, Army Insists
Major General Lucky Irabor has dismissed doubts over claims that Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau is dead. He insisted that the individual originally identified as Shekau has indeed been killed.

Click here for Latest Nigerian News Updates

Attachments

• NB News Brief.png
    NB News Brief.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 13
Back