Metro Nigerian Bulletin News Brief: 8 Things You Need To Know This Morning (26-08-2016)

P

PressRoom

Good Morning! Welcome to Nigeria Bulletin Morning Newsbrief, a short wrap-up of the news to help you start your day.

I Killed My Girlfriend Because It Was a Fun Thing to Do - Ondo Student

Oweniwe Chukwudi, a 22-year-old National Diploma, ND, student of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State has stated that he killed his his girlfriend for the fun of it, not for ritual purposes as suspected. Chukwudi and the girlfriend, Adeyeye Nifemi, were both in 300 level in the Science Laboratory Technology, SLT, department.

Gov Okorocha: I Went to the Land of The Dead, Ancestors Turned me Back

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on Thursday stated that he is not ready to die. He was reacting to rumours of his ill health shortly after arriving Sam Mbakwe Airport Owerri, from a foreign trip. I am not in a hurry to die; I will live to complete my assignment for Imo people," he said. “I went to the land of the dead and our ancestors turned me back saying it was not yet time."

Presidency Takes Over Prosecution of Treasury Looters From Nigeria Police

The Attorney General of the Federation and Nigeria's Minister of Justice Abubakar Malami, has barred the Nigeria Police from prosecuting criminal cases as part of reforms to strengthen the anti graft war. The AGF, in a statement signed by his media aide, Salihu Isah, said his Ministry had so far taken over about 8000 case files from Police for prosecution.

Ex Militants Vandalize Imo Govt Office for Being 'Denied Transport Fare'

About 17 ex militants on Thursday invaded the Bureau for Niger Delta Affairs in Imo State, shooting into the air and vandalizing all valuables in the office. Bobby Chukwuka, the leader of the ex militants said they vandalised the building because they were denied transport fare from the largesse released by National Coordinator of the Amnesty Programme, Brigadier General Paul Boro, when he visited the state days ago.

Fani Kayode: Nigeria is Ruled by Vampires
Former Aviation Minister, Mr. Femi Fani Kayode has stated that Nigeria has vampires as her leaders. He was reacting to the attack on an Enugu community by Fulani herdsmen on Thursday..

Man Who Named Dog Buhari: Chinakwe's Words After His Release From Prison
Joachin Chinakwe Iroko, the Ogun state trader who named his pet dog 'Buhari' was recently released from prison. Here are his words afterwards: “Prison is a place to experienced in one’s life. It is like a rehabilitation home: you learn many things thereand there are many people you may not have the opportunity to talk to. “But in prison, you will sit down with them and discuss. There are many things you take for granted, but when you go to prison you know there is law.

Rio Olympics: It's Wrong for Mikel, Siasia to Accept $390,00 Gift- Nigerian Senate

Chairman of the Nigeria Senate Committee on Sports, Senator Joe Obinna Ogba (PDP, Ebonyi), on Thursday said it isn't right for the Nigerian Olympic team to accept a $390,000 gift from Japanese surgeon Dr. Katsuya Takasu. According to him, it was wrong of the team to receive the money because its source was unknown.

‘You Are a Disappointment To This Country’ - Mikel’s Father Blasts Presidency

Pa Michael Obi, father of the national Under-23 team captain Mikel Obi, has expressed his disappointment over the treatment of the team after winning bronze at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Pa Obi said that he had expected his son to lead the team to the country to be given a rapturous welcome and a presidential reception, but lamented the majority of the players left for their clubs after beating Honduras 3-2 in the bronze medal match to win Nigeria’s only medal at the Rio Games.

Click here for Latest Nigerian News Updates

Attachments

• NB News Brief.png
    NB News Brief.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 20
Back