Metro Nigerian Military Jet Mistakenly Drops Bomb On IDP Camp, Many Dead

P

ProfRem

A military plane mistakenly has reportedly dropped a bomb inside the Rann IDP camp in Borno State, leaving many people dead.

The Rann IDP camp in Kala-balge Local Government Area caters for thousands of persons displaced by Boko Haram.

A source at the camp told Premium Times that at least hundred people were injured and needed to be evacuated to hospitals.

“Some humanitarian staff of Medicines Sans Frontiers and some staff of International Committee of Red Cross(ICRC) were also affected".

idpc.JPG

Premium Time said Tthe military spokesperson, Rabe Abubakar, a brigadier general, confirmed the incident but explained that it was an error that the military deeply regretted.

He explained that soldiers got information of movement of Boko Haram members and deployed ground troops and air cover to tackle the terrorists.

"It was the air support that mistakenly dropped the bomb".

Source: PremiumTimes

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you drop a bomb accidentally? A whole bomb?

See how low we have sunken as a nation.

This is harrowing.

What ws the pilot (or his instructors) thinking?

What sickens me is that FG (Buhari, Air Force, Army HQ, all of them) are all hammering on the word "mistakenly" as if it would repair all the damages done.

Why did this grotesque event happen? What's being done to avert it? Nothing. They're all sending condolences.

#*@@@*(#E@IOLHJI#@#!!!

This is harrowing.

What ws the pilot (or his instructors) thinking?

What sickens me is that FG (Buhari, Air Force, Army HQ, all of them) are all hammering on the word "mistakenly" as if it would repair all the damages done.

Why did this grotesque event happen? What's being done to avert it? Nothing. They're all sending condolences.

#*@@@*(#E@IOLHJI#@#!!!

This is Nigeria, where everything goes. In more developed climes, heads would have rolled.

It is unfortunate though inadvertently, they bombed the IDP camp [un] in order to save it.
I commiserate with the families of Nigerians involved. No more!

I this age of aerial warfare and air- to-ground is about precision, so the Nigeria Airforce must take it as a challenge.

Back