Politics Nigerians Should Tell Me If I Should Change Any Minister - Buhari

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday that Nigerians should pass a verdict on the performance of his appointed officials during the administration’s first year in office so that he will know if he should change them.

Buhari said, “I am waiting for the newspapers to tell me the performance of my ministers and whether I should make changes”.

President Buhari explained why his government took off rather slowly.

Buharinec3.jpg

He said former President Obasanjo, who had experience with hand over and take over, recalled that in 1999 outgoing Head of State General Abdulsalami Abubakar made each ministry to prepare handing over notes and then brief the president-elect, for him to choose what he wanted out of it. He said President Goodluck Jonathan agreed to do the same and asked all his ministers to prepare handing over notes and brief Buhari but they protested at the last minute that Buhari should not be allowed to take over the government before he was sworn-in.

As a result, he said no proper transition took place and after his inauguration he had to take briefings from two ministries a day in order to make up for lost time.

Back