Politics Nigeria's Agriculture Minister Speaks on Forbes African Man of the Year Award

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, on Sunday spoke on his recent awards from Forbes; Forbes 2013 Africa Man of the Year.

The Minister said, "To have been selected for this award is quite humbling for me knowing full well I am not a billionaire but I have vision and a mission to turn others in to millionaire and billionaire from agriculture.

“For me, it is not a competition, it was a recognition and that recognition is bigger than myself.It is not just about me, it is about what I stand for; it is about what I have tirelessly worked for all my life’’.

Adesina who said it was wrong to find poor farmers in a country like Nigeria that was blessed with a lot of rainfall, great sun shine and big population to consume what was produced blamed the situation on the negative conception of some Nigerians, saying that the President Goodluck administration was changing the impression on agriculture to that of creating wealth.

He said the Goodluck administration was determined to take agriculture out of the development realm and make it a business where the farmers can make money.

images

Back