Politics Nigeria's Minister Amaechi & Sen. Ben Bruce Fight Dirty on Twitter

L

LequteMan

A popular Nigerian on Twitter Omojuwa Japheth on Sunday set up the stage for Transport Minister Rotimi Amaechi and Senator Ben Murray Bruce to have a war of words.

“The reason I will NEVER take people like Ben Bruce serious is because when they saw a leader (GEJ) do wrong, they kept quiet. Don’t be Bruce,” Omojuwa tweeted.

Responding, Bayelsa Senator Ben Bruce chose to use the recent comments credited to President Muhammadu Buhari that some Nigerians are giving the country a bad image by engaging in nefarious activities around the world.

“Your own minister spent ₦80 million on a one day dinner, yet it is your citizens you accuse of being criminals #IAmANigerianNotACriminal”. he tweeted.

Apparently sensing the jibe thrown at him by the Senator, Mr. Amaechi wasted no time in responding to Mr. Bruce; accusing him of being a coward.

“A coward who is not bold enough to name the minister that he alleged criminally spent N80M on dinner is unfit to sit in our senate chambers,” he said.

Mr. Amaechi’s spokesperson, David Iyofor, confirmed the authenticity of the twitter account credited to Amaechi.

The Senator responded to Mr. Amaechi by referring to the recent Supreme Court judgment that upheld the election of Nyesom Wike as governor, thereby, stifling the hope of the APC candidate and Mr. Amaechi’s ally, Dakuku Peterside.

He posted another tweet on his handle @benmurraybruce saying, “When you have been Wike’d, you become wicked! But you will always be my beloved brother, no matter how much you transfer the anger on me.”

Amaechi further retorted:

“I will not respond to innuendos. Be courageous, name the minister. We know you talk here & do ‘siddon’ look where you are elected to talk,” he said.

Attachments

• Rotimi-Amaechi-360x225.jpg
    Rotimi-Amaechi-360x225.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 45
We know you talk here & do ‘siddon’ look where you are elected to talk,”

Egbon Bruce na bread & butter politician.

Back