Metro NNPC Driver Takes Company's Vehicle To Show Off At Lover's House, Gets it Stolen

kemi

Social Member
A bus driver of NNPC in Lagos state has ran into trouble after he took company bus to his lovers house to flex and the bus got stolen by robbers.

nnpc station.jpg

The driver, Wasiu Aliyu was arraigned on Monday on two counts of stealing in an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court.

The father of two who hails from Ilorin, Kwara state woke up at his lover’s house on Assfood Street, Oriola, Alapere, Lagos only to discover that a Toyota Hiace which is worth N23m had been stolen.

Aliyu informed the police that he had been driving the stolen bus for over three years, and had no hand in the stealing.

He said, “ At about 8pm on January 21, I went to my girlfriend’s house in Oriola to pass the night. A man came to wake me up around 4am that he saw some boys inside the bus.

“Before I got to where the bus was, they had left with it. It was a mistake that I parked the bus on the street because there is no security there.”

A police prosecutor, Inspector Benedict Aigbokhan, who brought Mr. Aliyu before the court, said he had allegedly committed an offence, which contravenes sections 285 (1) and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

Mr Aliyu pleaded not guilty and elected summary trial.

The presiding magistrate, Mrs. O.A. Akokhia, admitted him to bail in the sum of N1m with two sureties in like sum while the case was adjourned till April 18, 2017 for mention.

Back