Sports Obafemi Martins Confirms Move to Chinese Club 'Shanghai Shenhua'

A

abujagirl

Obafemi Martins has finally completed his move to the Chinese League side, Shanghai Shenhua. The move will make him the highest earning Nigerian player on the planet.

Obafemi Martins.jpg

Martins took to his Instagram page to thank his former employers Seattle Sounders.

See post below:

Thank you Seattle. Thank you for everything. Thank you for the memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you for the endless love and support, during good times and bad. Thank you to my teammates and coaches for always believing in me.

''Something I feel strongly about is challenging myself. When I came to Seattle, it was for the challenge. The challenge of playing in an unknown environment. I can wholeheartedly say that I seized the opportunity in Seattle and gave everything I had for the club.''

''For me it's now time for a new challenge. After significant reflection, I have decided to join Shanghai Greenland Shenhua FC of the CSL. When I left Nigeria for Italy at age fifteen with the hopes of a pro career, I put everything on the line. I was immersed in an unknown culture. It may be difficult to understand or relate to, but I've grown to appreciate the feeling I get when entering environments where I’m not a proven footballer.''
Rave on,
Oba Martins

Back