Politics Obasanjo - There Was Nothing To Achieve From Killing Bamaiyi

A

abujagirl

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has reacted to claims by former Chief of Army Staff, Major – General Ishaya Bamaiyi (rtd) that he (Obasanjo) wanted to kill him.

Olusegun Obasanjo.jpg

According to the NATION, Obasanjo debunked the claim at his Hilltop residence on Presidential Hilltop Estate, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, during questions and answers session when he hosted the Correspondents Chapel of the Ogun State chapter of Nigeria Union of Journalists.

''Who the hell is he that I would want to kill him? Kill him for what? To achieve what?,'' Obasanjo queried.

“That I wanted to kill him (Bamaiyi)? What of the people he killed? My government did not plot to kill him. My government asked him to answer to those that were alleged to have been killed by him and that is legitimate.

“That if there is an allegation that you have done something, that you have committed a crime, then you are arrested, you should answer. And that’s all. Pure and simple. Who the hell is he that I would want to kill him? Kill him for what? To achieve what? No!

''There were allegations, the police and the law enforcement agencies decided to look into the allegations.

“They invited him and they asked him to answer as a result of what was found, so they charged him to court. So, it’s now up to him, the investigators as I said, the prosecutors and the judiciary. That’s all,” Obasanjo said.

Back