Sports OFFICIAL: Granit Xhaka Joins Arsenal

kemi

Social Member
Arsenal has completed the signing of Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach for a deal worth up to $48.5 million.

xhaka arsenal.jpg

The 23-year-old arrived at the club's training ground on Friday to undergo a medical and put the final touches on a four-year deal. Xhaka is expected to wear the number 34 shirt after Francis Coquelin agreed to vacate it.

Xhaka's arrival before the start of the transfer window is a statement of intent by Arsene Wenger, who saw his Arsenal side clinch second place over local rival Tottenham on the final day of the season, and the start of what is expected to be a busy summer for the Gunners.

"I'm very proud to be joining Arsenal," Xhaka told the club's official website. "I cannot wait to move to London, represent this special club and play in the Premier League.

"I will give everything to help Arsenal win trophies and make the fans happy."

Wenger added: "Granit Xhaka is an exciting young player, already with good Champions League and Bundesliga experience. We have been watching him for a long time now and he is a player who will add quality to our squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back