Sports Ogenyi Onazi signs new deal with Lazio

Nigerian midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has put pen to paper signing an improved deal with Italian Serie A club,Lazio.

Onazi signed an extension to his current deal which will now keep him at the club until 2018.

Earlier on Monday,reports emerged that Onazi's agent Jonathan Barnett met with Lazio's representatives over the weekend,and the Nigerian international will now be earning about €700,000 per annum.

"I say a big thank you to God, my family, my team and my fans as I sign an extension to my contract. #ForzaLazio!!! " Onazi wrote on his official twitter page.

Onazi moved to Italy from Nigerian amateur side My People FC My People FC and joined Lazio in 2011.

His development and ability to break into Lazio's first team ensured that he was not devoid of suitors,with reported interests from English Premier League team,Everton.

Since joining Lazio,Ogenyi Onazi has made 69 appearances scoring four goals in the process.

He has part of the Golden Eaglets team that got to the finals of the FIFA under 17 World Cup tournament on homesoil in 2009.

Onazi was drafted into the Super Eagles team in 2012 by Stephen Keshi,and has been a mainstay in Nigeria's midfield since then.

Onazi2 .gif

Photo Credit: @OnaziOgenyi

Back