Politics Ondo 2016: Eyitayo Jegede Releases Statement Over Exclusion of Name on INEC List

P

ProfRem

Eyitayo Jegede has expressed optimism that the Appeal Court would revalidate his mandate to fly the Flag of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] in the September 26 Ondo governorship election.

Jegede in his reaction to the list of ‎candidates published by INEC said attempts to substitute his name will not stand as justice would be done on this matter at the appeal court.

"I am aware of a recent litigation resulting in the announcement of another person as the governorship candidate of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party.

jegedee.jpg

However, I wish to assure our teeming supporters in Ondo State that necessary legal steps have been taken to seek justice. already, the matter is before the Court of Appeal"

He thanked the people of the state for their support and steadfastness since the campaign activities began and their total commitment to his lofty programmes designed to taking Ondo to greater heights.

Jegede assured that he will not for any reason jettison the mandate freely given to him by generality of PDP members in the state.

"Eyitayo Jegede, your son and brother, has not in any way abdicated the general consent given to him by the law-abiding members of the PDP to seek election into the office of the Governor.

Like I have always said, I am guided by the Almighty and the shared vision to transform this state to a land of wealth and prosperity. You remain my priority as we, in faith, match on to the Promised Land."

Back