P

ProfRem

Dr Olu Agunloye on Saturday emerged the governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) for the Nov. 26 governorship election in Ondo State.

Agunloye, who was the sole aspirant in the party’s primary election, was unanimously adopted by the 310 delegates across the 18 local government areas of the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Agunloye is a former Minister of Power who served during the tenure of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

agunloye.JPG

Agunloye was also pioneer Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).

In his acceptance speech, Agunloye thanked the party members and the chairman of the congress committee for finding him worthy to carry the flag of the party in the forthcoming gubernatorial election.

“I humbly accept the flag of the party and the responsibility associated with it.

“I assure you that I will not let the party down and will carry the flag to victory and install it high at the government house of Ondo State in February 2017,’’ he said.

Back