Politics Osun Lawmakers Constitute 7-Man Panel to Probe Gov Aregbesola

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - The Osun state house of representatives has inaugurated a 7 man panel to investigate governor Rauf Aregbesola over alleged financial recklessness and mismanagement.

“I acknowledge that the whole world is waiting for what we have to do with the petition forwarded to us by Justice Folahanmi Oloyede. I must disclose to you that Governor Rauf Aregbesola has obliged us his response to the petition and we have constituted a committee to look into the matter with a view to investigating the allegations levelled against him and I am confident that the honourable men in this committee would do justice to the matter before them without fear or favour," the Speaker of the House, Mr. Najeem Salaam, says.

aregbesola 2.jpg

The seven-man committee is headed by the Deputy Speaker, Mr. Akintunde Adegboye.

Although the ruling All Progressives Congress has 24 lawmakers out of the 26 members in the House, none of the two Peoples Democratic Party lawmakers was included in the committee.

The Minority Leader, Mr. Oladejo Makinde, a PDP member, who represents Ife Central at the House, kicked against the exclusion of the members of the PDP from the committee.

However, Najeem says "the House stands as one; there is no opposition in the House. We are one, we see ourselves as one.

“The two of them – the judge and the governor – will be invited separately. Some of them can employ the services of lawyers but their physical appearance will be necessary. This will allow them to give evidence to back up their positions if they have any.”

Source: PUNCH

Back