Metro Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Message That Everyone is Talking About

P

ProfRem

Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar Church shared what he termed “Mental Health”.

He made it clear with biblical references that the society and people really need to understand that mental patients should seek medical attention rather than spiritual help.

He draws the line between faith and medicine in a series of Tweets on his twitter timeline.

Here are the tweets that got people talking:
He started off with the hashtag #MentalHealth.
  • The Prosperity and Health of the Soul is the foundation of the prosperity of the physical body

• There is a controversy amongst Christians on Mental Health issues because we believe it is a Spiritual issue

• Mental illness is as real as physical illness. The lack of understanding gives room for a lot of Ignorance & stigmatization

• Mental Health is the state of emotional, psychological and social well being.

• As a result of ignorance on this issue, we label mental patients and run away from them.

• The root cause of mental illness is Sin. (Rom 6:23)and the foundational solution to mental health is Salvation

• To maintain mental health feed your spirit and soul with healthy diet of God’s word.

• If you don’t get your identity from God’s word you will believe everything the enemy tells you.

• If you allow Satan and your circumstances to define who you are it will distort the balance in your mental state.

• I speak on mental health not as an expert in psychiatry but on the believe that sound health is part of our Salvation.
adeyemi.JPG
  • Feed on God’s word, believe you have the mind of Christ. Interpret your life circumstances through the eyes of God’s word.

• You must fight and win the battles in your Mind. 2nd Corinthians 10:4. You have all it takes to win as a Christian.

• The quality of your life will not be better than the quality of your thoughts. Fight and Win your mind battles.

• Use faith to fight the fiery darts of the enemy. (Ephesians 6:16) Quench every negative news that comes into your life

• If you want to maintain your sanity, you have to be sensitive to God’s word. Be anxious for nothing. Philippians 4:8.

• If something is wrong and you need medical attention or If you know anyone with mental illness. Please seek medical help.

• Seeking medical help for physical or mental illness does not contradict God’s word or having faith for your healing.

Something is totally wrong with this connection. And I regard it as disrespectful and distasteful.
You just quoted one statement from the whole passage..Didn't you read where he said those suffering from mental health issue to seek medical help?

Thanks for jumping in defense. Please read this carefully: http://www.olisa.tv/2016/10/re-wages-sin-not-mental-illness

The root cause of mental illness is sin...ROOT CAUSE

In the beginning, it was not so...that's what the Bible says. Scripturally, problems, pains, affliction and difficulties came through the sin of disobedience Adam and Eve committed in the garden of Eden. If sin had not come, humans wouldn't have mental illnesses...simple.

If you are Christian, open your Bible and let's argue :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The root cause of mental illness is sin...ROOT CAUSE

In the beginning, it was not so...that's what the Bible says. Scripturally, problems, pains, affliction and difficulties came through the sin of disobedience Adam and Eve committed in the garden of Eden. If sin had not come, humans wouldn't have mental illnesses...simple.

If you are Christian, open your Bible and let's argue :)
I expected this response. But, I won't argue further.

This is why Nigerians are still dying from curable diseases
Just so terrible. You know how many innocent mentally challenged children have been tagged as witches and wizards just because pastor says...

I believe what the pastor is referring to is the nature of sin we inherited from Adam and not in reference to a particular sin as it is mostly being interpreted. If you don't believe that then you probably believe in the evolution theory.

Isn't interesting that the pastor's words needs more interpretation and defending than the bible? I though people went to church for clarity and simplicity? Illiteracy rate in Nigeria runs at about 60% so we need pastors to remove the ambiguities in their message.

Unless it is, as it is :)

Last edited:
Back