Politics PDP Breaks Into 5 Political Factions [See LIST]

P

ProfRem

Former Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to former President, Goodluck Jonathan, Dr Doyin Okupe has said that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has split into five main political factions.

Dr. Okupe stated this in an interview with the Daily Trust on Sunday that leaders of the People’s Democratic Party at a point demonstrated so much incompetence that exacerbated the crisis in the party.

He added that the party also didn’t serve the Nigerian masses as it should, acted less worthy of deserving the people’s support and must repent and seek forgiveness. He speaks on other political issues

On the split of the party, he said the PDP has broken into a minimum of five political parties, all seeking registration from the Independent National Electoral Commission.

- There is the Sheriff faction;

- There is the Makarfi mainstream;

- From the Makarfi mainstream, there is a new faction seeking INEC registration called APDA (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance);

- There is the ADPA

oyo 2019.PNG

- There are some on both sides

He said: “It is laughable. My question for PDP leaders is: When we were a whole and were in government and in power, we lost elections to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“Now the APC is in power and we have broken into, at least, five, so how do we oust the APC? It is ridiculous the race some people are running. They are leaving leprosy and treating scabies.

“A people like me will not be involved in that kind of running around. At 65 years of age, I won’t do that. “We must realise we had done something wrong, apologise that we did something wrong, try to win again the goodwill the people had in us and work to right that wrong. But if we dissipate energy just on seeking to corner power, sorry, it can’t work.

Back