Sports Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho's Words Ahead of Most Expensive Manchester Derby

L

LequteMan

Manchester United is set to host rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford tomorrow in one of the most expensive clashes in football history.

At the same time, Jose Mourinho will be facing his nemesis, Pep Guardiola, for the first time since they met in Spain.

Both sides go into the game with maximum points from their first 3 matches. Both squad joined together are worth more than 600 million Pounds, the highest in the history of football.

In a press conference on Friday, both managers played down the tie.

According to former Barcelona boss Guardiola, any personal rivalry between him and ex-Real Madrid manager Mourinho was created "from the media".

"We can't control that," he said. "I said it many times - I have a lot of respect for Mourinho, I always try to learn from all of my colleagues - it's the same with him.

"He was my coach, my assistant coach with Sir Bobby Robson. OK, the last period at Barcelona and Real Madrid was not easy for both of us but we met each other two, three weeks ago at the managers' Premier League meeting.

"Of course I'll accept a glass of wine after the game if he invites me." he added.

On his part, Mourinho said: "I know what the derby means. I've played them everywhere, but I always want to be in a position of emotional control. If we want to win we have to be at the top.

"(City) have a very good manager. They always have very good players and bought more. They are what they are since I returned to England. They are a title contender and you have to respect them."

In their 16 meetings as managers, Jose Mourinho has won 3 times while Pep has beaten mourinho 7 times. Six games between them ended as a draw.

Attachments

• manchester derby.jpg
    manchester derby.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 20
Back