Entertainment Pete Edochie - Igbos Are Not United

A

abujagirl

Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has a piece of advise for Igbos.

Pete edochie2.jpg

Speaking with newsmen during an event to mark his 70th birth, the Nollywood veteran said Igbo people cannot fight any course together because they are not united.

“There are so many issues making me shed tears. One of them is that Igbo people are scattered. They are not in unity.

“If you take a close look at the Igbo, You will realize that they cannot fight together. Look, it’s not struggle for anything that will bring Igbo people together.

“Have you noticed that only Igbo people pray before eating kola nut? Why I’m saying this is because it is only the culture of the Igbo that can unit them. If you take a close look, you will also notice that in the whole of Nigeria, the Igbo people are the ones very mad about speaking English.

“A Hausa boy will not greet his father in English. A Yoruba person will not greet his/her father in English.

“But Igbo person will say ‘good morning sir’ instead of his local greeting. It is painful that the Igbo language is receding and no one is doing anything about it.”

Last edited by a moderator:
God will save us. The issue of Igbos speaking English is just an effort to learn speaking a generally accepted language in order to communicate with visitors and it shows a welcoming attribute/attitude.

This is true sir. This is exactly what draws me back in throwing my full weight to the course of the Igbo secession. I can't imagine, how people looking for their due will scatter into more than 3groups struggling for that one single due. Haba. For instance, we have IPOB led by one person. We have MASSOB led by another. We l have OHANEZE ndigbo with its own leader. Each on it's own seeking BIAFRA .

Back