Metro [PHOTOS] South African Woman Nabbed With 1.2kg of Cocaine in Her Bra at Lagos Airport

L

LequteMan

A 34-year-old South African woman has been caught by NDLEA operatives trying to smuggle 1.210kg of cocaine to South Africa from Nigeria.

She had two parcels of cocaine carefully concealed inside her brassiere on her way to Johannesburg when she was arrested by the anti-drug agency at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

NDLEA commander at the airport, Ahmadu Garba gave her name as Lekganyane Lerato.

“The suspect was intercepted during routine screening of passengers on South African Airline. The drug was neatly concealed but certainly not good enough to escape our notice. She is currently under investigation but will be charged to court very soon," he said.

South-African-lady-arrested-with-cocaine-in-her-bra-at-Lagos-airport1.jpg

The woman said that she was lured into drug trafficking by friends. “I am an apprentice chef in Johannesburg. A friend convinced me into drug trafficking. I never imagined that the drug will be detected because it was carefully concealed inside my brassiere," she said.

South-African-lady-arrested-with-cocaine-in-her-bra-at-Lagos-airport2.jpg

Photo credit: African Spotlight

“A female officer requested to feel my boobs that was how the cocaine was detected. My travel expenses was handled by the sponsor who promised to pay me $3,000 when I get to Johannesburg but all my dreams had been dashed following my arrest,” Lerato lamented.

Leadership

Attachments

• NDLEA-1.jpg
    NDLEA-1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Back