Metro Police Will Protect You Henceforth - Police IG Assures Benue Communities

Jamaz

Residents of communities recently attacked by suspected herdsmen in Benue and Nasarawa States yesterday got afresh assurance of adequate protection from the police.

Police Inspector-General, Ibrahim Idris pledged that his men would henceforth make a repeat of the attack impossible.

Idris on a visit to Gbajimba, Anyiin and Tunga villages in Benue and Nasarawa states said the police were determined to ensure the protection of lives and property of the residents and appealed to them to give information to the security agencies on miscreants in their midst.

He said armed police would be deployed to the affected communities to avert further attacks and restore normalcy.

The I-G also visited some IDP camps in the states.

Receiving the I-G at Gbajimba, Guma Local Government Area, the chairman of the council, Mr. Anthony Shawon, commended him for the inspection tour.

Shawon also commended the quick intervention of the presidency in deploying additional security support to the state to quell the crisis.

He assured the I-G of the commitment of his people towards maintaining peace as they looked forward to returning to their ancestral homes.

In Tunga, the community leader of the area, Ibrahim Shaibu, denied allegations that the herdsmen were been harboured in the area.

He said the people of his area were law abiding and were providing shelter to displaced Tiv people in the area.

The Nation

Attachments

• IMG_20180114_070605.jpg
    IMG_20180114_070605.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 16
Back