PoliTRICKS 101: Nigeria's Finest Ministers: Who declares Asset FIRST?

P

ProfRem

Mr. Mohammadu Buhari just inaugurated the Federal Executive Council and his cabinet in order to hit the ground running.

Despite the dwindling economy, unemployment, corruption, the president succeeded in assigning portfolios to all the ministers, though merged ministries together to drastically cut cost of governance still the 36 ministers and Minister of state will receive Federal salary at the end of the money. It will be recalled that the president has also shunned Ministers to do away with retinue aides, foreign trips that are not work related and be cost effective in the administration of various ministers.

politrick.jpg

People wonders, among all these ministers, who will take the bull by the horn to follow Mr. President anti corruption campaign of openly declaring his/her assets and/or cutting of their take home pay.

As Nigeria and Nigerians within the next few weeks, take a closer look into the administration and ministers activities, we expect actions and support of the president's cost effective governance policy at all levels.

What do you think? Who among the Ministers or Ministers of state you think is bold enough to declare his asset.

Who do you think can confidentially relay his wealth to the public and who cannot?

Last edited:
That is a summary of asset owned not asset declaration :)
All are still subject to verification by the CCT. When they've been verified, the he can decide if he wants to declare everything to the last kobo for the public.

Then, ministers too should do summary of their assets. Atleast, that will give us clue into their purses.;)

Then, ministers too should do summary of their assets. Atleast, that will give us clue into their purses.;)
I am not sure they are required by law to declare their assets. Though I read somewhere that some of them are ready to do so.

I am not sure they are required by law to declare their assets. Though I read somewhere that some of them are ready to do so.
To fight corruption and support 'anti corruption' campaign of the federal government, i think they need to, abi @Lequte what do you think?

Buhari has not declared his assets. He only mentioned the things he has. We don't know if he's worth the thirty-something million he reportedly has in "Wema bank".

@RemmyAlex I don't think an asset declaration is necessary in order to fight corruption and support the anti-corruption campaign. People lie in asset declarations and brilliant people like Al-Rufai (Not El-Rufai) have a way of going round those kinda stuff.

Buhari has not declared his assets. He only mentioned the things he has. We don't know if he's worth the thirty-something million he reportedly has in "Wema bank".

@RemmyAlex I don't think an asset declaration is necessary in order to fight corruption and support the anti-corruption campaign. People lie in asset declarations and brilliant people like Al-Rufai (Not El-Rufai) have a way of going round those kinda stuff.
You dropped a false statement of asset, then you join @BukolaSaraki in the dock :eek:

The constitution stipulates that they do. It didn't however mandate that the asset declaration be made public.

Can you tell me the difference between declaring the things he has and declaring his assets..?

Can you tell me the difference between declaring the things he has and declaring his assets..?
Detail. This is the example the other would use.. so if governor X now declares I have 3 houses in Abuja, One in Ghana and 2 in New York.. it is different from him saying the value of the properties I own are N400Bn. Remember what happened when El Rufia was rumored to have N90Bn?

@curator has said it all. We know he is worth xyzbn naira. How much is Buhari worth? We don't know. We only only he has some houses somewhere and some company shares.

Ex President Musa Yar'Adua (rest his soul) laid the foundation of proper public asset declaration.

Back