Politics President Buhari Spotted In Gucci Shoes Worth Over N200, 000; Some Nigerians React [Photos]

P

ProfRem

According to SignalNG, president Muhammadu Buhari was spotted wearing a Gucci shoe worth N223,905 in this harsh economy.

Immediately @theSignalNG tweeted about it some Nigerians reacted to the price of the shoe:

See tweets:

BuhariShoe.JPG

sh.JPG

sh1.JPG

sh2.JPG

sh3.JPG

What is your take on this?

He is the president of the most populous black nation on Earth. He can wear any type of shoe he wants

He was a rich man before becoming president :)

I think what is lost in translation is that people are pointing out the 'change' in tone. The only things that seems to have changed is the wardrobe of many in power. We have changed the shoeless one and I hope we do not end up with the clueless one.

It is a hard time for many Nigerians, so simply to say he is the president of the most populous black nation in the world makes no sense.

Continued criticism of the government and those in government is essential to create awareness and to keep them on their toes.

Continued criticism of the government and those in government is essential to create awareness and to keep them on their toes.

I agree continued criticism is key...but not the type of shoe the president chooses to wear. 600 dollars is still a fair amount.

I agree continued criticism is key...but not the type of shoe the president chooses to wear. 600 dollars is still a fair amount.
You miss the point and that is why our politicians get away with it. If the president came into office without playing the 'I only have one goat' or 'I borrowed money to apply for APC' cards, no one will question him. They put the spotlight on this issue and it is now valid to question this as hypocritical.

The country is at a stand still but obviously not for most of the political class.

Back