Politics Pro-Biafra Agitators Are Miscreants Looking for Money - Obasanjo

P

ProfRem

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described pro-Biafra agitators as miscreants who should be ignored because majority of them are into 419 and drug business all over the world.

objjj.jpeg

He said this while speaking with PUNCH correspondents at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta. Obasanjo described the agitations by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra and other self-determination groups as misplaced.

“It took the Americans 100 years before they got to that point. So, what are you talking about? They have held all the ministerial positions existing in this country. We have Igbo as the Governor of Central Bank, Igbo has headed many parastatals in this country”.

According to Obasanjo, equating the agitations by pro-Biafra groups with the agitations that led to the Civil War amounted to making a mountain out of a molehill.

He said, “This is a fake agitation. You people make a mountain out of a molehill. These are boys who want to take people unaware and get money out of them in the name of Biafra. These are the people you should ignore, I don’t talk about Biafra. (Philip) Effiong came and said Biafra ceased to exist and since that day, Biafra has ceased to exist.”

“That’s why these miscreants should be ignored. They want to get money and they go round and say, ‘We are still being victimised. We are still being treated badly in Nigeria,’ so that they can take money from people.”

Absolving Igbo leaders of complicity in the agitation, Obasanjo said they (Igbo leaders) were not in support of the agitation.

“I won’t blame the Igbo leaders. I will ignore them (the agitators). Igbo leaders that I’ve talked about, I mean the ones I’ve mentioned; Joe Irukwu won’t go out and do that type of thing, and many of them. The people who are doing this are the same people you will find in 419 business, they are the same people you will find in drugs all over the world. To them, this is another source of money for them as far as they are concerned,” Obasanjo said.

Credit: PUNCH

Atiku wasn't mentoioned in the post :D:D

But seriously. Do you think these agitators (biafra, odduduwa etc) should be given what they wanted?
what do they want to start with?
my friend they are all selfish people trying to grab power by any means possible...Someone must be marginalised in every group, you can never satisfy everyone most especially Nigerians. All we need is serious dialogue on the way forward with every agreement reached made public and enshrined into our constitution

We should all watch this video to the end and apply this to what ever corner of the country we think we are from.
These groups should spend their time putting pressure on the state governors, local government chairmen, house of rep members all over the country to be accountable for what they did and have done. Note the reference made to South Sudan... after agitation for oil.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/thr...-speech-and-a-lesson-to-all-nigerians.135285/

@sirOscie Well said. I won't tease you about Atiku for the next one week.

I believe the energy used in agitating for biafra or oduduwa should be channeled into making people in top government positions do their job. If you can't do the job then gerrout, someone more capable'll come and deliver. Just like @curator said.

We need to raise that awareness in ourselves. That's where the road to true and proper governorship starts.

@sirOscie Well said. I won't tease you about Atiku for the next one week.

I believe the energy used in agitating for biafra or oduduwa should be channeled into making people in top government positions do their job. If you can't do the job then gerrout, someone more capable'll come and deliver. Just like @curator said.

We need to raise that awareness in ourselves. That's where the road to true and proper governorship starts.
lol....A week break from you... I totally agree with you. If they can channel all that energy towards the right channel our elected/appointed leaders will not toy with us at all.

Back