Sports PSG's Ibrahimovic Slammed France FA for his four Match Ban

Paris Saint Germain forward, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has described his four-match ban following his foul comment on a match official as a "disgrace to football".

The Swedish international, who did not know that camera was placed where he was shouted that France was a “s*** country” after Laurent Blanc's men were defeated by Bordeaux in March.

The former Barcelona player had already apologised for his language, but insisted his action was not to slander France but merely show his frustration at refereeing decisions, after which he was suspended on Thursday by the LFP for four of the final seven Ligue 1 games of PSG's season.

His club, who are locked in a tight battle with Lyon and Marseille for supremacy in the top flight this season, slammed the ban as "disproportionate" and Ibrahimovic has reacted with equal displeasure.

"I was pleased as this proves what I have been saying," Ibrahimovic wrote on his official app. "Now people can see for themselves, with their own eyes, instead of me just saying it.

"The whole situation has become a farce - it's ridiculous and unprofessional, a disgrace to football.

"I would have been even happier if they had suspended me for the rest of the season so I could have gone on holiday already.

"There are no grounds for this ban. My words are not aimed at the referee. We had a normal conversation and he has confirmed this.

"If my words had been aimed at the ref I would have apologised when it happened."

Ibrahimovic will be allowed to feature in PSG's Coupe de la Ligue final against Bastia on Saturday, but will then not feature in another domestic match until May 9 against Guingamp.

He will also be on the sidelines for their home clash with former club Barcelona due to a harsh red card picked up in their Champions League last-16 tie at Chelsea, though he can return for the Camp Nou leg Goal
Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.jpg

Back