Sports READ: Arsene Wenger's Comments After Arsenal Lost to Chelsea at the Emirates

L

LequteMan

Arsenal on Sunday fell to third position on the table after a loss to Chelsea at the Emirates, courtesy of a Diego Costa goal in the first half.

Per Mertersacker was was also sent off minutes before Costa's goal.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger speaking about the game blamed the referee.

"The referee was very quick to take the red card out. We coped with the decision well and should have had a draw at least. We had the chances to get a draw. Mentally we were focused. Sometimes when you lose you can still say 'well done' to the players.

On the red card: "I can't influence the decision of the referee. I thought it was harsh and we had to cope with it. I don't know what to say. It is a few games now that has happened. All we can do is keep our focus and fight. Yes [on Costa making the most of the situation] That is the game of the striker. Diego Costa is good at that.

[On taking off Olivier Giroud] "The fact is we needed to get strength on the counter-attack and needed pace. That is why I made the decision.

"It is not a coincidence that after 23 games Leicester are still there. But there is a long way to go. What we take from today is that we are disappointed but have a lot of positives from our attitude and spirit."

BBC

Attachments

• arsene wenger unhappy.jpg
    arsene wenger unhappy.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 26
Back