Sports READ: Louis van Gaal & Jurgen Klopp's Comments After United's Win at Liverpool

L

LequteMan

Manchester United defeated Liverpool at the Anfield on Sunday, courtsey of a volley from skipper Wayne Rooney.

Here are manager's comments after the match:

Manchester United Manager Louis van Gaal:

"We have survived the first-half, we didn’t keep the ball to much and they pressed and pressured. But in the second-half we came into the match and kept the ball more and created chances and scored the winning goal, I’m happy, the players are happy and the fans more happy.

“We know Wayne Rooney has played for Everton and now plays for United so he wants to score against Liverpool, it means a lot for him.

“The goal came from the first indirect corner and we ask for that as it always more dangerous. The ball from Mata was perfect, as was the header from Fellaini, but he didn't have the luck that Wayne does.

“Now we have made a good start in 2016, to beat Liverpool for the second time in a row is it marvellous, it gives a big boost for the players and the fans so I hope it shall continue with winning. That is why we are here, to win our games and at end of the season to be in the first three positions of the league.”

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "I didn't see too many chances for Manchester United and we didn't take ours. Of course it is frustrating. We lost a game that we should not have lost.

"The goal was to defend and we didn't do it. That is our responsibility. We have to defend set pieces better.

"We did really well creating the chances, but there were a lot of situation where we could have created more chances and didn't. There were a lot of things but we lost in a derby against Manchester United so I can't be very positive at this moment so soon after the game."

They were both talking to BBC Sport

Attachments

• jurgen klopp.jpg
    jurgen klopp.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 28
Back