Politics Rivers Govt Blames PUNCH,THE NATION For Statement Attacking New Police Commissioner

A

abujagirl

The Rivers state government has blamed PUNCH and THE NATION newspapers for a statement in which the state government attacked Mr Dan Bature, the new commissioner of police in the state. PREMIUM TIMES has this story.

The Rivers State Government has expressed shock over a remark credited to the new Commissioner of Police in the state, Dan Bature, that certain comments allegedly made by Governor Chibuike Amaechi were designed to provoke him (Bature). Mr. Bature, who was recently deployed to the state, was reported in the media as saying that Mr. Amaechi’s alleged comment that he was posted to the state to install the governor’s successor from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was meant to provoke him.

“I have deliberately decided not to respond to Governor Amaechi’s insinuation that I was posted to Rivers state Police Command on the behest of Mrs. Pateince Jonathan to enthrone Governor Amaechi’s successor at the 2015 gubernatorial election at all cost,” Mr. Bature said.

“I don’t think there is any reason for me to respond to comments made by the Governor as regards my posting. For the records, I came to Rivers State on a normal mandate. I came to Rivers State on a clear mdandate. I came because there was a vacuum created by the promotion of my predecessor, Assistant Inspector General, AIG, Tunde Ogunshakin.’

In a statement by its Commissioner for Information and Communications, Ibim Semenitari, on Monday, the state government said it wondered what the governor said that was meant to provoke the police boss. It said although it was constrained to respond to Mr. Bature’s remark, there were deliberate attacks launched against the governor “in order to pitch an innocent man against his guest”.

Click here to read more

SOURCE:#PremiumTimes

#TheNation #Punch #Rivers #Bature #Semenitari

amaechi1.jpg

Back