Sports Sam Allardyce Backs Jose Mourinho Against English FA

L

LequteMan

Crystal Palace Manager Sam Allardyce has sided with Jose Mourinho over treatment of English teams with respect to European competitions.

According to Mourinho, the English FA doesn't arrange fixtures in a favorable way for English teams to perform better in Europe.

Manchester United is facing Crystal Palace during the weekend and both teams have little to play for.

Jose Mourinho said he would be fielding a weakened Manchester United side with several youngsters against Crystal Palace as he has a very important Europa League final to play 3 days later.

"I hope you don't kill me when you see my team," Mourinho said. "I hope the fans on Sunday support the team, they forgive some naivety, they forgive some lack of confidence and I hope Big Sam shows he's a good friend and he goes slow.

"I hope he tells Wilfried Zaha to go slow and leaves Christian Benteke at home. I hope he goes soft on us."

Reacting, Allardyce said he will field his "fittest" players.

"Whether Jose plays a weakened side or not it'll be a difficult task. We've no Andros Townsend, but my team want to play at Old Trafford," he said.

Asked if he would have done the same as Mourinho in his position, Allardyce added: "There's no doubt about that. It'd be wrong to risk anyone for the final.

"We moan about English teams not getting near the Champions League, but there's no help from the Premier League to give him the best chance.

"That wouldn't have happened abroad."

Attachments

• jose messi.jpg
    jose messi.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 20
Back