Metro Saudi-Bound Nigerian Pilgrim Excretes 76 Wraps of Cocaine

L

LequteMan

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has arrested Basira Binuyo, a 55 year-old woman on her way to Medina, Saudi Arabia.

According to a statement from the agency, she was caught with 76 wraps of substances which tested positive to cocaine.

“She has so far excreted 76 pellets of drugs that tested positive for cocaine,” said Hamisu Lawan, NDLEA commander at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

“Meanwhile, she is still under observation until the drugs are completely expelled.”

Mrs. Binuyo is from Irepodun LGA in Kwara State and is married with three children. She is a trader at Dosumu market, Lagos, was quoted as saying she needed money to expand her business.

“I wanted to expand my cosmetic business but I have no money,”she said. “My sponsor offered to foot my expenses to Saudi on pilgrimage. I was excited until I was asked to take drugs along.

“I wanted to decline but considering the offer of a million naira, I accepted. I swallowed the drugs in Lagos and took flight to Abuja on my way to Medina but I was caught in the process.”

Attachments

• mrs-binuyo-basira-iyabo-235x349.jpg
    mrs-binuyo-basira-iyabo-235x349.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 27
Back