Metro Shahida Sanusi - My Father Won't Stop Saying The Truth Even If It Costs Him The Throne

A

abujagirl

Shahida Sanusi, daughter of the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II said her father will continue to say the truth to power even if it costs him the Kano throne.

Shahida Sanusi.jpg

According to PUNCH, the Emir's daughter made the remark while delivering her personal speech at the the Inaugural Annual Chibok Girls Lecture held in commemoration of the third anniversary of the Chibok schoolgirls.

Shahida said, “My father is not afraid of giving up his throne if it stands in the way of speaking the truth. I know that if my father has to choose between the throne and his conscience, he will happily give up the throne.

“He has already accomplished his ambition of succeeding his forefathers and frankly he is the same person I knew as the banker and central bank governor. As an emir, he has not changed and he will be the same person even as an ex-emir if it comes to that.

“When Mrs. Patience Jonathan called those of us in the North almajiris, we got angry, but come to think of it, is that not what we really are? We give birth to children and just abandon them. There are no schools for the poor. There are no hospitals for the poor.”

Shahida Sanusi, daughter of the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II said her father will continue to say the truth to power even if it costs him the Kano throne.

View attachment 115443

According to PUNCH, the Emir's daughter made the remark while delivering her personal speech at the the Inaugural Annual Chibok Girls Lecture held in commemoration of the third anniversary of the Chibok schoolgirls.

Shahida said, “My father is not afraid of giving up his throne if it stands in the way of speaking the truth. I know that if my father has to choose between the throne and his conscience, he will happily give up the throne.

“He has already accomplished his ambition of succeeding his forefathers and frankly he is the same person I knew as the banker and central bank governor. As an emir, he has not changed and he will be the same person even as an ex-emir if it comes to that.

“When Mrs. Patience Jonathan called those of us in the North almajiris, we got angry, but come to think of it, is that not what we really are? We give birth to children and just abandon them. There are no schools for the poor. There are no hospitals for

Back