Sports Super Eagles update: Full time in Curitiba, Iran 0-0 Nigeria

World Cup logo.png
Goalless in Curitiba. Nigeria and Iran both settling for a 0-0 draw.

Not the best of start,the Super Eagles would have wished for,but they will have to go back and work on winning their next two games games against Bosnia and Argentina.

Tall order?

Last edited by a moderator:
First World Cup game syndrome,they have butterflies in their stomachs.
Same for every other team. I think firing scud missiles to the left wing will not work at this world cup. From what I saw with Bosnia, we have to be concerned. We have the pace and we are not using it.

Same for every other team. I think firing scud missiles to the left wing will not work at this world cup. From what I saw with Bosnia, we have to be concerned. We have the pace and we are not using it.
A goal will help them,quite a pity they couldn't capitalise on their early start.

A goal will help them,quite a pity they couldn't capitalise on their early start.
But the fundamentals do not look good. There is no form. They have hit that long ball across to the left over 7 times.. is that the only option? Would they try that till it works? I am very concerned

But the fundamentals do not look good. There is no form. They have hit that long ball across to the left over 7 times.. is that the only option? Would they try that till it works? I am very concerned
Yes it doesn't look good,hopefully inspired substitutions can ring the change. Osaze and Uche Nwofor in.

Back