Politics Tafawa Balewa's Son Pulls Out of PDP Presidential Race

A

abujagirl

AbdulJelili Tafawa Balewa, son of Nigeria's former Prime Minister,Abubakar Tafawa Balewa has dropped out of the 2015 presidential race.

According to THIS DAY, Balewa who was slated to contest for the office of the president on the platform of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party,PDP announced his withdrawal at a press conference organised by the Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark.

Ijaw chieftain, Edwin Clark who announced Balewa's withdrawal said, "I wish to inform you that I have succeeded in intervening to make peace between two of my sons, Balewa and Jonathan".

"The relationship between Balewa and Jonathan dates back to 2005 when the latter was the deputy governor of Bayelsa State. The same relationship continued in Abuja, when Jonathan became the President. In deference to their old ties, Balewa, has formally withdrawn his aspiration to contest the presidential election in the 2015 general elections.

Clark added that the fee paid for the expression of interest form by Balewa will be forgotten as it was a sacrifice for friendship.

#Balewa #PDP #Clark

pdp.jpg

Back