Politics Tambuwal: I Am Prepared To Sacrifice My Second Term

A

abujagirl

Aminu Tambuwal, Governor of Sokoto state is prepared to sacrifice his second term in office if that's what it will cost to conclude the ongoing verification exercise at the state and local government levels.

Aminu Tambuwal.jpg

Speaking to newsmen, Tambuwal said, “There have been hues and cries over the verification exercise with some people saying we are denying them their salaries. But all these campaigns of calamity would not make us to back down even if it will cost me my second term bid because I believe we are doing the right things; DAILY POST reports.

“Before the exercise, things were going wrongly at the local government levels, there were a lot of fraud and atrocities being committed there. Take for instance, somebody from Zamfara state bought 270 offers from Tureta local governments and was getting their salaries. When this was discovered and they were removed he sent a text message to the SSG threatening legal action. Another example is Binji local government which had not been getting N10 million as its monthly allocation but its salary is N30 million.”

“Before we brought primary health workers under one roof, we were paying the salary of over 12,0000 people but now we discovered they were not up to 9,000.”

Back