Politics The Similarity Between Buhari and Obama's Governments - US Envoy

L

LequteMan

According to the outgoing US Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, there are some similarities between President Muhammadu Buhari’s government and Barack Obama's.

Entwistle said Buhari's economic recovery efforts deserve the understanding and support of Nigerians.

“I see a parallel between President Buhari and President Obama. President Obama had not been in office for very long, but the people had same kind of impatience," he told newsmen in Abuja on Friday. "And I think in my country a lot of people forgot how difficult the situation was that President Obama inherited.

"I think the same thing is happening with President Buhari – to a certain degree. It is completely understandable to me that people have a high expectation, they are impatient, they want to see change.

"But Mr President inherited a very difficult set of circumstances and some of the things that he has identified that need to be done – end corruption; reform the petroleum sector and end the conflict in the North-East.

"These are things that even if he works as hard as he can, it will take some time. I understand people are impatient; the expectations from Mr President are very high.

He added that Buhari did a good job in his first year as President of Nigeria.

News Agency of Nigeria

Attachments

• Ambassador-Entwistle-Mandela-2016.jpg
    Ambassador-Entwistle-Mandela-2016.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6
Back