Politics They Want Me To Slow Down – Shehu Sani Reveals Details Of Meeting With Oyegun

P

ProfRem

Senator Shehu Sani representing Kaduna Central Senatorial district has opened up on the meeting he had with the Chief John Odigie-Oyegun - led National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Senator Sani, who visited the APC national secretariat in Abuja yesterday, said the party leaders were not opposed to the investigation of the alleged fraudulent activities in the N1.3 billion Presidential Initiative on North East (PINE) contract.

The lawmaker said the party leaders were worried over his use of literary expression.

He said: “They want me to slow down on some of these cruise missiles. I told them that it is either my honour or that of the letter that was sent by the Presidency. I did not in any way attack the president but I faulted the letter based on three issues. First, my name was omitted in the letter as the chairman of the Senate ad hoc committee. Secondly, the SGF said we didn’t invite him, but we did invite him and thirdly, the letter said there was no quorum.

sanishehu.jpe

“I told them that inasmuch as my comment in deodorant and insecticide was rattling, they should have invited the SGF for calling the Senate and our report balderdash and they said they were also opposed to that language.

“They said they don’t want us to wash our dirty linings in the public and I told them that at the end of the day, even if you wash your dirty linings inside the room, you will still have to dry them outside".

He said the Senate would release a detailed report on the probe of the contract which indicted the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr Babachir David Lawal, stressing that nobody can stop its investigation into the massive misappropriation of funds for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the North East.

The truth must be told and the anti corruption war must not be lopsided. Shehu, you are not washing any dirty lining of your part or political group out side because nothing is hidden.

Back