Entertainment Toyin Aimakhu's Divorce and Reconciliation, Real or Publicity Stunt?

Williamz

1422273993873.jpg

Recently, Nollywood actress Toyin Aimakhu and her Husband Adeniyi Johnson reportedly had a divorce.

The actress and her husband changed their marital status to single on social media, a strong indication that their marriage had hit a brick wall.

Toyin also posted a message on Instagram asking people not to judge the outcome of her marriage until they walked in her shoes.

"I just wonder why pple murder pple with words,don't u feel pple s pain and wen things happen u write we love we do rip painful word bla bla,pls don't murder me with words walk in my shoe..pls don't make it worse with ur words pls if u can't help pls don't make it worse" she said.

But as it seems, the couple are acting out a script to see how the media, colleagues, fans, and family members would react to the news of their divorce.

While it is no longer news that many Nigerian entertainers are craving for media attention, its absolutely amazing the efforts and miles some would go to get that attention.

Toyin Aimakhu and her husband would vehemently deny any attempt to label their split a publicity stunt, but its crystal clear for those who can see beyond their nose that the couple are out for publicity games.

And yes...they caught so many bloggers attention. The divorce news went viral and for some hours Toyin Aimakhu's marriage was one of the famous on Nigerian blogs.

But as family members, intimate friends, and colleagues start asking questions, the couple quickly released a joint statement claiming their marriage is intact.

Although Toyin and her husband got the attention they craved, (i dont know how they intend to measure their media exposure and social media account visits) is the fake news actually worth the effort of dangling their marriage before the devil just for some local news exposure?

And how far is too far for Nigerian celebrities as they crave and compete for media attention?

Back