Metro Tragedy as Hoodlums Storm Lagos Church, Murder Pastor

kemi

Social Member
A gang of four last week stormed the Christ Apostolic Church, Sanctuary of Blessing, in the Iju Ishaga area of Lagos State and stabbed the head of the ministry, Pastor Ibukun Adeyinka.

lagos church.PNG

They, however, did not leave with any property of the church as they immediately scaled the fence of the church and fled.

Punch reports that the 56-year-old was taken to a private hospital from where he was referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, where he was pronounced dead.

The cleric’s wife of 20 years, Mrs. Olasunbo Adeyinka, said the hoodlums struck around 3am on May 30, 2017, adding that they did not say anything throughout the period of the attack.

She said, “We were asleep when they entered the church. They came to our house and we didn’t know anything was happening until we heard a sound like something was falling. There was a power outage, so we couldn’t see clearly. My husband was the first to wake up. They broke into the house through the front door.

“They didn’t say anything to us even as we asked what they wanted from us. I just heard my husband shouting, ‘In Jesus name’. I also re-echoed it, saying ‘Amen, in Jesus name.’ I never knew they had stabbed him in the chest.

“They left by scaling the church’s fence. I saw that my husband had become weak. That was when I knew that they had stabbed him. There was a lot of blood in the room.”

She said together with some relatives and church members, Ibukun was rushed to a private hospital in the community, from where the Ile-Ife, Osun State indigene was referred to LASUTH, Ikeja, where he was confirmed dead.

Olasumbo said although she gathered that her husband died around 7am, she was not informed until around 2pm.

Asked if the men were robbers or assassins, the mother of three said she could not tell because the suspects did not say anything.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Olarinde Famous-Cole, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation was ongoing to determine the motive behind the killing.

Source: Punch

Back