Sports Vincent Enyeama Blasts; Not Even Oliseh Can Frustrate Me From Playing For Nigeria

Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has assured Nigerians that he won't walk out of the national team but insisted he will not entertain anyone heap insult on him after all his years of dedication to the team.

vincent-enyeama-goal-keeper.jpg

Enyeama, who was stripped off the team's captaincy arm band by the chief coach, Sunday Oliseh said that he will pull the strings on his international future after a meeting with the leadership of the country’s football.

The Lille shotstopper remains the most capped player for Nigeria following his 101 appearances for the Eagles since 2002, when he made his debut under coach Onigbinde.

The 33-year old former Enyimba man had a major falling out with Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh after Ahmed Musa was named the team’s new captain ahead of the Lille goalkeeper.

Enyeama disclosed that Oliseh told him his services aren't needed in his team, but he's still in camp at the order of the NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, plus the respect he has for Nigerians.

“I won’t walk out on Nigeria, but I won’t be treated like a beggar especially after what I have done for this country and Nigeria has always been there for me,”
Enyeama said on a radio interview monitored Thursday morning.

“I’m still available to play for Nigeria. I’m a Nigerian, I play for Nigeria, not for anybody or a group of people.

“The captaincy of the team is not a problem for me, but there should have been a better way of settling this.

“The coach says he doesn’t want me in his team. I was castigated and embarrassed.

“But the NFF president has ordered me to stay in camp. I will meet with him and then take a decision.”

A deeply hurt Enyeama said he respects Oliseh, but would not enter a private meeting with the coach.

Back