Metro Wanted Journalist, Ahmad Salkida Speaks From Dubai Over Alleged Links to Boko Haram

P

ProfRem

Nigerian journalist Ahmad Salkida, who is wanted by the military over alleged links to the Islamist militant group Boko Haram, has released a statement saying he is willing to be questioned by the army.

He has previously denied links with the group.

Ahmad.JPG

According to BBC, Mr Salkida, who is currently in Dubai said: "My total allegiance and sacrifice to the Federal Republic of Nigeria is self evident. I have stayed within the creed of professional journalism in my work... I made personal sacrifices for the release of our Chibok daughters".

"Finally, the army is aware that I am not in Nigeria presently. In the coming days I will seek to get a flight to Abuja and avail myself to the army authorities. Indeed, my return will be hastened if the military sends me a ticket", he said

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Armed Forces need to learn how to do things the right way. Robert Fisk, as a journalist interviewed Osama Bin Laden 3 times and he was never arrested once. He was decorated throughout his career. Such people as Salkida should be used to advantage.

Our Armed Forces need to learn how to do things the right way. Robert Fisk, as a journalist interviewed Osama Bin Laden 3 times and he was never arrested once. He was decorated throughout his career. Such people as Salkida should be used to advantage.

But who is paying the piper?

We may not be able to answer that definitely for now. Embracing these contacts will expose such, and farther.

Salkida's work on Boko Haram is well documented. The Nigerian government will gain nothing from harassing this man.

Back