Politics Watch Out! President Jonathan may be in your Church Soon

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

On Sunday, while worshiping at the Dunamis Gospel Church, Garki, Abuja, President Goodluck Jonathan announced that henceforth he would worship outside the Aso Rock Villa Chapel every last Sunday of the month.

The President said, "Traditionally, we have the State House Chapel where I worship every Sunday. If we do not have the chapel, probably I would have been here one or two times before this time.

"It is only during the Christmas period, maybe two Sundays before Christmas and the Sunday before and after New Year that we sometimes close the chapel, and allow people to participate in their church services and that time I do go round. This year, we have decided that from now onward, until I leave the State House, every last Sunday of the month I will go to different churches.

"The reasons are very obvious, not because if I worship in the State House I am not worshiping God. Yes, that is the State House Chapel presided over by a chaplain and from time to time other men and women of God come to preach to us. But I feel that it is good for me to go round and continue to appreciate what our brothers and sisters have been doing.

The President said Nigeria had been having its own share of negative occurrences but pointed out that the challenges of the country would have been more without prayers and spiritual support from Christians.

dunamis GEJ.jpg

Back