Politics "We Are Boko Halal, not Boko Haram"-Makarfi Charges Muslims to Give Their Children Western Education

• Thread starter Thread starter LequteMan
  • Start date Start date
L

LequteMan

The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Dr Abdullahi Dikko-Inde, on Saturday at a reception in honour of Alhaji Garba Bala, who recently retired as Deputy Comptroller-General of Customs in Makarfi, identified selfless service as critical to national growth.

He described the retired officer as a dedicated, committed, humble and selfless person, who had contributed immensely to the current transformation in the Nigeria customs service.

"I have spent 24 years with Garba Bala in customs work and he assisted me in transforming the service, and I urge those still in service to emulate him," he said.

The chairman of the occasion, Alhaji Ja'afaru Makarfi, also commended Bala for his immense contributions to the community, state and the nation.

He emphasised the importance of acquiring western education and charged Muslims in the country to encourage their children to go to school as ``it is the basis to excel in life''.

"We are Boko Halal not Boko Haram, we must therefore engage and encourage our children to study western education." he said.

Alhaji Abdu Gangara, the Chairman, Makarfi Local Government, said the event was organised to appreciate what Bala had done to the community while in service.

#BokoHaram #BokoHalal #Kaduna #Makarfi #NigeriaCustoms

Attachments

• download (27).jpg
    download (27).jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 31
Back