Metro We Robbed Onazi’s Father To Celebrate Sallah – Suspects Make Confessions

kemi

Social Member
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested the four men who allegedly robbed Mr. Wilson Onazi, the father of Nigerian footballer, Ogenyi Onazi.

onazi robbers.jpg

The suspects are Kingsley David, Ebuka Ugochukwu, Joseph Ozo and Ali Audu.

It was reported that the suspects on Monday attacked the home of the Onazis at the Government Reserved Area, Jos, Plateau State.

They were reported to have carted away several items, including a white Toyota Highlander and an undisclosed amount of money.

It was learnt that the four men took off for Lagos and lodged in Shibiri Hotel in the Ajangbadi area where they were arrested by policemen attached to the Ilemba Hausa Police Division after a tip-off while while waiting for the buyer of the vehicle.

The leader of the gang, David, 24, a polytechnic graduate, said he lived close to the victim’s house and had monitored his movement, adding that they robbed him to celebrate Sallah.

He said, “We are all friends. We planned the robbery a week to the actual day. I live close to the man’s house and I sold the idea to my friends. Our intention was just to take his car for the Sallah break. I didn’t follow them into the house. I only pointed the place to them and they finished the job. It was after they were done that I joined them in the vehicle.”

Ugochukwu, 26, an indigene of Idemili, Anambra State, said the robbery was easy for them because only Pa Onazi was at home.

He said, “We discovered that the man is old and he lives alone in that big house. He does not stay with his wife or even house help. There was no security man guarding the house or any other form of security. We also robbed him because he does not help people.”

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, Fatai Owoseni, said the suspects would be handed over to the Plateau State Police Command, together with the exhibits recovered from them.

Back