Metro What Borno Governor, Kashim Shettima Said About Fall of Sambisa Forest

kemi

Social Member
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno, has declared 2016 as his best year ever since he was sworn into power.

shettima snipped.PNG

He described the fall of Sambisa Forest which served as the headquarters of ‘Boko Haram’ insurgents as Christmas and New Year gift to the people of the State from President Muhammadu Buhari.

The governor said this on Sunday at the official re-opening of Major roads leading to Northern part of the state.

Shettima said, “I would want to start by declaring that since I became the Governor of Borno State in over five years, this is the best Christmas season I have witnessed.

“This is the best December I have witnessed and the year, 2016, is my best year so far, as Governor of Borno State.

“The year 2016 is for me, Nigeria’s year of victory and Borno’s year of Hope and Resurrection.

“2016 is the year that we began to have access to major towns like Gwoza, Bama, Dikwa, Monguno and Damasak following their liberation by our gallant armed forces.

“It is in the year 2016 that major highways began to be re-opened; it is in the year 2016 that we accelerated our major reconstruction of liberated communities; it is in the year 2016 that IDPS began to return to communities.

“It is in the year 2016 that we recovered some of our daughters abducted at Government Secondary School, Chibok in 2014; and fellow Nigerians, it is in the year 2016, that the Federal Republic of Nigeria established it’s supremacy over the Sambisa headquarters of the Boko Haram,” he added.

Back