Metro What I Heard Boko Haram Say About the Nigerian Govt,Chibok Girls - Former Captive Speaks

A

abujagirl

Paulina Jabina a young girl who managed to escape from the Boko Haram captivity has opened up on her ordeals and the things she heard while in terrorist camp.

idps.jpg

In an interview with Leadership, Paulina said she was in Sambisa forest for a year before she escaped.

We really suffered a lot and we passed through a lot of tribulations to the extent that I thought I would never survive the ordeals. We suffered degrading and dehumanising conditions as we received a lot of beating, we mostly stayed with hunger and most times living on fruits. The only time we got something to eat was when the insurgents raided communities and even at that they usually gives us small morsels which we cook in order to survive.

“With the success Nigerian Troops are making over the insurgents, the Boko Haram insurgents are now in complete disarray because at a point, we heard their leader saying that he was considering negotiating with the government in order to release the Chibok girls and also heard him a number of times, regretting his actions.

Most of the abducted girls have been married off to the Boko Haram fighters while a number of them were sent on suicide missions but even at that, some strong hearted women refused to change their faith.”

“I was married to one insurgent called Bana. He is in Sambisa now. They used to beat the hell out of any girl who refuses to submit to their sexual demands. Sometimes they kill or inflict serious body injuries to any girl who refuses to sleep with them.”

Back