Entertainment Why I Attacked Delta State Governor – Harrysong

Jamaz

Singer Harrison Okiri, popularly known as Harrysong has revealed why he attacked the Delta State, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.

Recall that earlier in the week he took to his Instagram to call out his state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.

Harrysong lamented the incessant communal clashes in Delta State without the government doing anything decisive to stop the wanton loss of lives.

He stated, “I woke (up) this morning highly infuriated and troubled about how much Nigerian politicians have raped this country without a conscience. Even my state governor, Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa, is worse. Aladja and my community, Ogbe Ijaw, have been killing one another for years and Okowa is rather playing a businessman than a father and a leader he is meant to be. Come 2019, we need leaders, not politicians.”

In an exclusive chat with the Punch, Harrysong said some more about the issue. “It is a cause that we are fighting but we don’t want to say anything now. I’m going to Delta State on Sunday (today), and I’m going to bring back the final report that we can now talk about. The thing is trending, and everybody has been calling me both from the state and outside. I will go to both communities that are fighting, and I will make sure that I meet with the authorities concerned. It is not an easy cause but we will face it till the end,”

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_073045.jpg
    IMG_20171203_073045.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 21
Back