Sports Why I Dropped Mikel, Other China Based Players - Rohr

kemi

Social Member
Coach of the Super Eagles has explained the reason why China based players in his team were left out of the squad for this weekend game against South Africa in Uyo.

mikel ighalo.PNG

Rohr omitted Brown Ideye, Odion Ighalo and captain John Obi Mikel from the list of invited players for the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers, and was asked the reason behind their omission during an interview witnessed by Owngoalnigeria.com upon their arrival in Uyo.

The coach cited difficulties in keeping an eye on the form of the players based in China, while also confirming that injury made him omit captain Mikel but he was also keen to stress out that the performance of the young players in his team also played a role in his decision.

“It’s very difficult to monitor the players in China,” Rohr told reporters on arrival in Uyo today. You already know that one them is injured, our captain (Mikel).

“Also, I was satisfied with the performances of the young players I have been working with for the past two weeks in France and that was why we decided to keep this group,” he said before making his way to the bus of the team.

Back